As a 100% state-owned agency, National Energy’s mandate is determined by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.
Our current mandate is to conceptualise, promote, facilitate and develop sustainable energy-based industries locally and internationally.
We execute our mandate through the:
- Identification of new industrial estates and associated deep water ports.
- Development and management of the Union Industrial Estate in La Brea.
- Ownership and operation of marine and other infrastructural assets to facilitate all gas-based and energy-based plants.
- Operations of towage and harbour assets.
- Sustainable management of the environment.
To be a global leader in the development of sustainable energy-based industries.
We leverage our expertise through:
for the benefit of all citizens.
- Ownership and operation of assets
- Strategic Alliances
- Market Intelligence